MX Player is one of the most popular and powerful video players for Android. It has a wide variety of features and settings that allow you to customize your video watching experience. You can choose to play videos in a variety of different formats, adjust the playback speed, or even cast them to a Chromecast or other device. MX Player is also one of the few video players that includes a built-in subtitle search and download feature.
The latest MX Player for PC has come up with a few updates that are better than the previous version. Want to know those? Here are they:
MX Player Andorid App Summary
MX Media (formerly J2 Interactive) has developed the MX Player for Android. You can find it under the Video Players & Editors category on Play Store. Since its inception, MX Player has got over 1132234271+ users on board. For the user rating, it is currently holding a 4.4 rating and the latest version of it is null
The latest update of MX Player is Aug 15, 2022 for phones. You can’t use it on your PC directly. So, you have to use an Android emulator like BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc.
No worries, we will discuss the methods to run it on your computer using the emulators whether you use a PC or Mac. Follow the methods we’ve discussed below.
MX Player App Overview and Details
Powerful video player with advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle support.
You can now share files, music, apps and more in a click using MX File Transfer
a) HARDWARE ACCELERATION – Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
b) MULTI-CORE DECODING – MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that multi-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
c) PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN – Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
d) SUBTITLE GESTURES – Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
e) MX FILE SHARING – File sharing app for fast file transfer without mobile data usage. Share Music, Share Video, Share Photos or Send Files & Apps instantly
f) KIDS LOCK – Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps.
– DVD, DVB, SSA/*ASS* subtitle tracks.
– SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.*ass*) with full styling.
– SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
* “READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” is required to read your media files in your primary & secondary storages.
* “WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” is required to rename or deletion of files and to store the downloaded subtitles.
* “LOCATION” permission is required to help find nearby friends for file transfers.
* “NETWORK” and “WIFI” permissions are required to get the network status which is required for various activities like license checking, update checking etc. Wifi connection is also used for faster file transfers.
* “BLUETOOTH” permission is required in order to improve AV sync when Bluetooth headset is connected, and create connections for file transfers.
* “CAMERA” permission is required to scan QR code for file transfers.
* “INTERNET” is required to play internet streams.
* “VIBRATE” is required to control the vibration feedbacks.
* “WAKE_LOCK” is required to prevent your phone from sleeping while watching any video.
* “KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES” is required to stop the MX Player services used in background play.
* “DISABLE_KEYGUARD” is required to temporarily prevent secure screen lock when Kids Lock is used.
* “SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW” is required to block some keys when Kids Lock is used.
* “DRAW OVER OTHER APPS” is required to block system buttons when input blocking is activated on the playback screen.
If you are facing “package file is invalid” error, please install it again from product home page (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download)
If you have any questions, please visit our Facebook Page or XDA MX Player forum.
Some of the screens are from the Elephants Dreams licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
(c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
Some of the screens are from the Big Buck Bunny licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
(c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org
Features of MX Player for PC
required for MX File Transfer.
Install “MX Player” on PC: Windows 10/8/7 & Mac
If you want to run the MX Player on your PC, you’ll need the Memu android emulator. Here is the process of installing both on your PC:
- Download the Memu android emulator on your computer and install it. It will take a few minutes from start to finish.
- While finishing, keep the Open when finished checked and other additional offers unchecked.
- Once installed and opened, you’ll see a familiar interface with familiar apps on the screen, including Play store.
- Click on the Play store and log into your account using your google email and password that you use on your phone.
- You can now search for the MX Player app within Play store. It will show you the app on the search results in the first position.
- Click on the app name and then click install to begin the download process on your computer to install MX Player.
- It may take a few minutes for the entire process. Once complete, you can now open the app from your desktop or the emulator homepage.
|App Name:||MX Player On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||MX Media (formerly J2 Interactive)|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Video Players & Editors|
|Updated on:||Aug 15, 2022|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this MX Player?
– We optimize forget PIN flow for Private folder
– You can now manually select external subtitles on the local network shares
– We have further optimized the navigation drawer and playback menu to provide a better experience.
– This update also fixes the issues in handling of external Web URLs on Android 12 devices.
For OTT Users:
– PIP mode now supports Android System PIP.
MX Player is an Android video player application that has been downloaded over 500 million times. It is known for its powerful features, including hardware acceleration, subtitle support, and pinch-to-zoom.
So, did you find the guide on how to download the MX Player for PC above? If you did, or if you have any questions regarding it, do comment and let us know. We’re here to help.
We refer the ownership of This MX Player to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for MX Player and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at skatejellybeans, we also don’t use our own server to download the MX Player. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the MX Player.
If you have any query about the app or about skatejellybeans, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.