VideoLAN Client (VLC) is a portable, free and open-source, cross-platform media player and streaming media server written by the VideoLAN project. VLC is available for desktop operating systems and mobile platforms, such as Android, iOS, Tizen, Windows 10 Mobile and Windows Phone. VLC is also available on digital audio players, such as the iPod, iPhone, and Walkman.
VLC for Android is the Android port of the VLC media player, ported by the VideoLAN project. It is available for devices running Android 2.1 and later. The app can be installed from the Google Play Store, or from the F-Droid repository.
VLC for Android is a
The technical specifications of the VLC for Android for PC are the ones that set it apart and why it’s so popular. Go through those from this section:
VLC for Android Andorid App Summary
VLC for Android was developed by Videolabs and they’ve done a good job keeping it highly user friendly. You can download VLC for Android from Google Play store under the Video Players & Editors category. The latest version of VLC for Android is null on Play store with total users of 308766400. The VLC for Android app has a user rating of 4.1 which is impressive.
The latest update date of the VLC for Android is Aug 8, 2022. Although it’s easy to install it on Android, it’s not that easy to do so on PC. You need to use an emulator to do so. The most popular emulators would be NOX player, BlueStacks, and Memu Emulator to install it on PC.
We will talk about how to install and use the VLC for Android on your computer using the emulators. The step by step guides below will help you do so.
VLC for Android App Overview and Details
VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs access to those categories:
• “Photos/Media/Files” to read your all media files 🙂
• “Storage” to read your all media files on SD cards 🙂
• “Other” to check network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, run on Android TV and display the popup view, see below for details.
Permission Details :
• It needs “read the contents of your USB storage”, in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage”, in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
• It needs “full network access”, to open network and internet streams.
• It needs “prevent phone from sleeping” in order to prevent… your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs “change your audio settings”, in order to change audio volume.
• It needs “modify system settings”, in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs “view network connections” in order to monitor whether device is connected or not.
• It needs “draw over other apps” to start the custom picture-in-picture widget.
• It needs “control vibration” to give feedback on the controls.
• It needs “run at startup” to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used on Android TV devices.
• It needs “microphone” to provide voice search on Android TV devices, only asked on Android TV devices.
Features of VLC for Android for PC
media files on it.
• It needs “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage”, in order to be able to delete files after playback.
• It needs “read phone status and identity”, in order to pause playback when there is an incoming call.
• It needs “full network access”, in order to open network streams.
• It needs “view network connections”, in order to check whether the network is available before opening network streams.
• It needs “change your audio settings”, in order to change the volume.
• It needs “prevent phone from sleeping” in order to keep the audio playing.
• It needs “draw over other apps” in order to show the popup view.
How To Install & Download VLC for Android For PC Windows 10/8/7
You can download and install the VLC for Android for PC using the Nox player android emulator. Here are the steps you need to follow to install it on your computer alongside the step to install the VLC for Android.
- Step 1: You have to download the NOX player emulator on your computer. It will store in the Downloads folder of your PC.
- Step 2: Double click on the downloaded installer, click Yes, and let the Nox Player be installed on your computer.
- Step 3: Within NOX Player, you’ll see the Play Store Icon on the top portion of it. Go ahead, click on it, and open up the store.
- Step 4: If you’re not logged in, make sure you log into your Gmail or Play store account using email and password.
- Step 5: Search for VLC for Android on the search bar that you’ll see in the play store app. This will show you the app.
- Step 6: Click on the VLC for Android and click install to start downloading it on your computer and installing it.
- Step 7: Wait for a few minutes and NOX player will add a shortcut button to the desktop and the homepage.
- Step 8: You can double click on the shortcut icon and start using the VLC for Android on your computer right away.
|App Name:||VLC for Android On Your PC|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Video Players & Editors|
|Updated on:||Aug 8, 2022|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this VLC for Android?
* New wigets!
* Redesign of the audio list, album and about screens
* Improve tablet and foldable support
* Network indexation
* Improved accessibility
* a lot of fixes and improvements
Overall, the VLC for Android application is a great option for users looking for a versatile and powerful media player. The app provides a wealth of features and options, and its user interface is easy to navigate. While there are a few minor drawbacks, such as occasional crashes and buffering issues, the app overall is a great choice for users looking for a top-quality media player.
Following the steps above is all you need to do if you want to succeed installing the VLC for Android on your PC. If you have more queries about anything, do let us know.
We refer the ownership of This VLC for Android to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for VLC for Android and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at skatejellybeans, we also don’t use our own server to download the VLC for Android. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the VLC for Android.
If you have any query about the app or about skatejellybeans, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.